Off Market Property Deals UK
Properties that are sold privately, without going on the open market through portals like Zoopla, Rightmove, or Estate Agents are referred to as off-market properties.
Often as an investor, this is a great way to find fantastic deals. Interested? At The Property Sourcing Company we have:
Start your property portfolio today!
What Is An Off Market Property?
As we touched on, an off market property is one in which you won't find on popular property portals or at your local estate agents.
It’s far from your typical sale, but it’s an option many sellers are increasingly taking up for a variety of reasons.
As a buyer, there are several benefits to buying a market off property – but the main struggle is that they can be pretty tricky to actually find, as you can’t just search for them in the regular places.
Why Are Off Market Properties So Appealing?
There are several reasons for both the buyer and seller that off-market property sales are an appealing prospect.
- Privacy: One of the main benefits for a seller of any property is the discreet nature of an off-market sale. It’s common for landlords who have tenants and popular figures like celebrities.
- Lower Costs: You’re cutting out the estate agent, which can be a massive cost that’s involved with selling a property.
- Fewer Complications: Let’s face it, estate agents can complicate things – whatever way you look at it, there an extra step between buyer and seller, with a private sale you’ll often directly communicate.
- Below Market Value: Another commonly accepted part of buying or selling a property off the market is that it will generally be lower than the open market.
Start your property portfolio today!
How To Find An Off Market Property
That’s the tricky part! If you can’t just search on Rightmove or Zoopla, what exactly can you do to find those off-market property opportunities that you might otherwise be missing?
Our Off Market Property Sale Examples
We regularly get properties that never hit the market, here are a few examples of recent sales which have been tailored towards the Buy To Let market.
Is Buying Off Market a Good Idea?
There are several benefits to buying and selling a property off-market, which we’ve touched on, but it’s extremely important as an investor.
If you are simply looking at on-market properties, then you’re likely not exploring the full market and potentially not getting the best possible deal.
By signing up with us, you unlock the potential of viewing more properties that meet your desired criteria, completely free of charge.
Why Invest With Us?
We like to think we do things a little bit different to other property sourcing companies. Most of a our competitors are simply middlemen, who find you the best deals – whereas, we are part of a group of companies that includes a cash property buyer, which means vendors who are looking to sell their property quickly and often off-market come directly to us.
We also want to ensure that we find you the best possible deal suited to your requirements. It’s important to us that it’s a profitable purchase for you, we don’t just want you to buy a single property from us, we want to do such a good job that you contact us directly when you come to expand your portfolio.
Interested? You might be wondering where we can source some of these off-market property deals. The truth is that we offer them across most of England and Wales, depending on what recent opportunities we have. We’ve listed some of the most common areas in which we have off-market options:
Is There Anything Else To Consider?
Buying off-market is of course a little different, and therefore the process might be a little bit different from what you are used to. If you deal with us, we will do our best to handle everything and make it as typical as possible, however here are a few things that often differ to a standard sale that you should be aware of:
- You may not get detailed photography or brochures – these are usually taken by estate agents, although we always try to ensure there is photography of the property.
- Off-market sales tend to be a lot quicker than standard sales! Be prepared that you may need to act quickly.
- Sellers might expect you to be a cash buyer, meaning you can buy right away without the delay of mortgage approval.
Frequently Asked Questions
We get a lot of common questions about our service and how we work, as well as some of the commonly used acronyms, so we’ve highlighted and answered our most common queries for you below:
If you’ve been through a few pages of our site, or our competitors, then you’ll have seen terms like BTL, BMV & HMO, but what do they mean?
BTL = Buy To Let
BMV = Below Market Value
HMO = House of Multiple Occupation
All you have to do is fill in a contact form on our website and we’ll be in touch. Once we’ve talked about what kind of property you are looking for we’ll add you to the mail list and make sure you see properties that meet your criteria.
Unfortunately without knowing what kind of property you are looking to invest in, it’s impossible to know what you can expect. If you get in touch with us directly, we might be able to provide you some examples.